Friday 17 February 2012

Kevin



PERSONAL RESPONSE ON KEVIN BY CATHERINE LIM

The story, Kevin by Catherine Lim, is a good story. I think that the story is very easy to understand as the writer used simple sentences. The story contains a lot of moral values that we can apply in our daily life.
I feel really thankful because I do not have a mother like Kevin’s mother. I cannot imagine how I suffer if I have a mother like that. If we see from Kevin’s side, I feel pity for Kevin. It is because her mother really strict and control everything in his life especially about his study. It is really stressful for him as a child. As we can see, his mother did not want Kevin to friend with Boon Kee as she thinks he would give bad influences to Kevin. I can imagine how Kevin’s personality would be if he continued to be stress like that. He will become an independent man as everything had been done by his mother. Furthermore, he cannot make decision on something by himself even choosing a t- shirt.
But from the other side, I think his mother had done her best for his son. Every mother in this world wants their children to be succeeded in their life. A mother’s responsibility is really big and not easy to be done. Maybe Kevin’s mother is too over about it. Maybe she should be more tolerance. Sometimes she should understand what are Kevin wants and his feeling. It is really important to maintain the relationship between them. As we can see Kevin seemed not to care about his mother’s condition after he knew his mother was hospitalized.
I promise I will be a good mother to my children soon. I want to be a strict mother like Kevin’s mother but in the same time I want to be a loving and understanding mother to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment